Do these things interest you? You will:
The Cashier plays a crucial role in the efficient operation. As a Cashier, you will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service, accurately processing transactions, and maintaining a clean and organized cashier station. Your friendly and professional demeanor will contribute to creating a positive dining experience for customers.
1. Customer Service:
– Greet customers with a warm and friendly attitude, providing excellent customer service throughout their visit.
– Assist customers in understanding the menu, answering questions about food items, prices, and promotions.
– Take customer orders accurately and efficiently, ensuring special requests or dietary preferences are properly noted.
– Handle customer complaints or concerns professionally and promptly, seeking assistance from a supervisor when necessary.
2. Cash Handling and Transaction Processing:
– Accurately process customer orders through the POS (Point of Sale) system, ensuring correct pricing and item selection.
– Accept various forms of payment, such as cash, credit/debit cards, and mobile payments.
– Calculate and provide change accurately to customers.
– Balance cash register at the end of each shift and reconcile any discrepancies.
– Follow proper cash handling procedures and adhere to cash control policies.
3. Order Assembly and Delivery:
– Coordinate with kitchen staff to ensure orders are prepared accurately and promptly.
– Verify order accuracy before packaging it for customers, including condiments, utensils, and napkins.
– Ensure orders are delivered to customers in a timely manner, maintaining a high level of order accuracy.
4. Cleanliness and Organization:
– Maintain a clean and organized cashier station, ensuring it is well-stocked with necessary supplies.
– Clean and sanitize work area, equipment, and dining tables as needed.
– Assist with maintaining overall cleanliness and tidiness of the restaurant, including dining areas and restrooms.
5. Product Knowledge and Upselling:
– Stay informed about menu items, ingredients, and promotions to provide accurate information to customers.
– Recommend additional items or upgrades to customers, utilizing upselling techniques to enhance sales.
6. Compliance and Safety:
– Follow health and safety guidelines, including proper food handling, personal hygiene, and cleanliness standards.
– Adhere to all company policies and procedures, including cash handling, security, and privacy protocols.
Qualifications and Skills:
– Completed G.C.E Ordinary Level Examination.
– Previous experience as a cashier or in customer service is preferred, especially in a restaurant or hospitality setting.
– Excellent customer service skills with a friendly and approachable demeanor.
– Basic math skills, including the ability to calculate change accurately.
– Strong attention to detail and accuracy in order processing and cash handling.
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle high customer volumes efficiently.
– Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team.
– Basic computer skills and familiarity with POS systems.
– Flexibility to work in shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.